Thursday, July 24, 2008

and I will praise you, when the tears fall, still I will sing.

Wow. Today was an incredibly hard day for me. I woke up and got on the internet to check my e-mail as I usually do only to find out that a friend from school passed away Wednesday morning. Although he was not a close friend it is so hard to believe. Dan Walker, who recently graduated with an engineering degree died while working at a camp in Colorado. That is all the information I have right now and I will update as I find out more. All I ask is you keep his family, his girlfriend (Brook) and all of his friends in your prayers. There is no doubt in my mind of where he is sitting right now as he was an incredible Christian man. I may not have known him well but the conversations I had with him and the way he lived his life was inspiring. I praise God that Dan can be sitting next to him right now but I also know all of the people here hurting and missing him.

The day of camp went well. It was full of rough times and many trials for us to overcome. We talked about how that just means we are doing all we are supposed to. In culture I shared the Easter story with the children. It was fitting for today as it is only through Jesus we may be with God when we leave this earth. Today was a very sad day for many people.



My thoughts and prayers are with your friends and family.
You were an incredible man and an inspiration.

No comments: